Monday, February 14, 2011

Something Beautiful

This week has been kinda uplifting to me.
I've done some 'soul searching' if you'd put it like that.
I've also had someone who I don't know, reach me in ways I didn't know possible.
Her name is Libby Ryder. Click on her name and read her blog.
AMAZINGNESS! (Yes, yes, that isn't a word.)
Still, she's always so uplifting and seems so gentle. And even though she's got cancer, she's thankful for it, because it's let her LOVE God SO much. 
And that's something I'd like to do more as I grow older.
I want to love God so much to trust in him completely, and not worry about death, or how my family would be without me.
Lol, that sounds a little weird coming from me, but God's been writing for me recently, especially when I'm writing from my heart. I know that's because he has my heart.


So today I went swimming with the manatees. I love how I say "the manatees" and not "manatees". 
It's just like saying I'm going to THE Publix, when really you're just going to Publix.
Lol nevermind.
Anyways, it was SO COLD!! And I never did swim with them. I swam in their habitat though. It was insanely  scary - I'm really scared of the water - and at the same time, I was in a new place I'd never been. 
And God was with me. I remember thinking today (I was freezing and on my way back to the boat to get out) "God, please please please just send me a manatee. Just to say I saw it and not seem lame. Please Lord."
But obviously, God didn't want me seeing that manatee. So I'm still happy.


I've come across something recently.
You can't say you want to be closer to God and just have it happen. You can't just go to church either.
You need to lay down your life for him, HE did that for you. Let him take control and don't worry about the world. Don't worry at all, because there is no need. You can't sit through lesson after lesson and get discouraged because you don't feel any closer to him. YOU need to do THINGS to bring you closer. 
PRAY. THINK.  
I love God, I want everyone else to do the same too.
Anyway, I think this blog is good for me. It lets me vent, even though no one really reads this anyway. Still, I guess I'm writing to God, if anyone. Though he already knows what's going to go into this post. Cool isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment